Are you passionate, proficient with DIGSI/PCM, and looking to learn IEC 61850/Digital Substations? Look no further! Tesco is looking for an protection engineer who is interested in working with emerging technologies and can work remotely from their home/office. As our Protection and Control (P&C) Engineer, you will be supporting the application engineering team in providing IEC 61850 based substation automation systems and technical support to customers pursing Digital Substations.
The qualified applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of two (2) years experience, understand Substation Automation Protection and Control and IEC 61850 system architectures, and be proficient with ABB PCM600, Siemens DIGSI5, SEL QuickSet/Architect, GE Enervista, Schneider Easergy, and Omicron & Doble Test Sets.
- To provide engineering technical support for the product portfolio by supporting pre-sales with technical input and product engineering of advanced HV protection and control schemes.
- Customer support during the commissioning, operations/maintenance, and field analysis.
- Be the key role in the diagnostics and troubleshooting of product applications and field issues.
- Transfer customer requirements (both present and anticipated future requirements) into technical specifications and represent the company in industry standardization activities.
- Support product introduction, application assessment and bid proposals.
- Prepare and evaluate business strategies and presentations for customers at the engineering and management level.
- Support efforts in the product business case, development, and deployment.
- Develop and implement recommendations based on advanced engineering and business considerations.
- Serve as a consultant regarding highly advanced technical studies, their application, and the resolution of complex problems.
- Support and coordinate complex engineering projects of major importance to the company.
- Proactively seek, develop, and implement aggressive measures to achieve cost effectiveness while responding to customer requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Support and develop IEC 61850 University training.
Please contact Dustin Tessier at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an application and cover letter.